With this first edition, we invite designers under 30 years old to participate in our design contest entitled “tomorrow’s products”. Young talents will need to honor the Scandinavian design (the look of the products, not the technology inside), respect the Nordic color palette (the blue/grey of the fjords, the yellow mustard from the villages, the terracotta from the fishing cabins, the green from the pine forests, the white from the interiors) and explore to find the features that will ease people's life.
While you rethink the design of the products , you will need to lean on 2 of our brand pillars: Scandinavian and Authenticity.
- Scandinavian design is characterized by simplicity, minimalism, design and functionality.
- Authenticity finds its roots within our 50 years legacy and the Scandinavian way of life.
All projects must belong to one of the below categories:
- WIRELESS SPEAKERS : create the wireless speaker (table top, portable) that will find its place in any room of a contemporary interior
- SOUND BAR: imagine the sound bar or sound enhancer that you can plug on a TV to enjoy TV, movies, series
- POWERED MONITORS: image the pair of powered monitors to enjoy stereo sound from a compact format
During the plenary meeting, a jury of professionals will designate TWO winners in each category.
1ST PRIZE: 3,000€
2ND PRIZE: 1,500€
HOW TO SUBMIT A PROJECT?
THE JAMO AWARDS ARE OPEN TO:
- Students in Engineering / Students in Product Design / Students in Industrial Design
- Young talents under 30 years old who graduated from one of the above fields
Participants must study (or have studied) and live in one of the following countries: France, Finland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark
June 30, 2021, 11:59PM: all applications must be submitted
Mid-July, 2021: Two winners per category will be selected by the jury.
End of July, 2021: winners will be notified.
WHAT DO WE EXPECT?
To enter, you'll first need to register and upload proof that you're a student or a graduate under 30 years old in one of the qualifying subjects. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Each applicant can propose a project in each category.
Once registered, you'll need to complete our online form. We are looking for appealing products with a clearly differentiated design, the use of noble Nordic inspired material and our color palette.
WE’D LIKE TO SEE:
- A note that describes the project (name, dimensions, materials, inspiration…)
- Sketches and renderings (3 minimum in .PNG, .JPG or.JPEG), 3D – .STEP format
- Video is optional.
- All submissions must be done in English.